Abortion Information Alabama
We provide free and confidential medical consultations in Montgomery, AL. If you’re considering abortion and you live in Alabama there are several things you should do and consider here at home before traveling for an abortion. We realize this is time sensitive, text 334-260-8018 to request an appointment today.
Medication abortion also called the abortion pill, can be taken up to 70 days (10 weeks pregnant). The pill ( two drugs, mifepristone and misoprostol) is taken in two doses, one typically at a doctor’s office and the other at home.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
1. LEARN MORE ABOUT ALABAMA ABORTION LAWS
If you live in Alabama and you are considering abortion you are probably unsure what to do with the new abortion laws. Talk to our medical professionals that clearly understand the abortion laws and what they mean for you. We can answer any questions you have and help you learn more about your options. Call (334) 260-8010 for more information.
2. GET A FREE ULTRASOUND
An ultrasound can cost an additional $200-$400 dollars if it’s not covered by insurance. Our centers offer limited obstetric ultrasounds free of charge and we never ask for your insurance. An ultrasound will help you learn more about your pregnancy and each of your options.
- Do an ultrasound exam to date the pregnancy. Pregnancy tests and knowing your menstrual cycle dates can help, but having an ultrasound is the most certain way to get exact dates for your pregnancy.1
- Find out if your pregnancy is viable. About 10 to 20 percent of known pregnancies end in miscarriage but the actual number is likely higher because many miscarriages occur very early in pregnancy.2
MEDICAL CONSULTATION IN MONTGOMERY ALABAMA BEFORE ABORTION
No Cost. No Insurance. Confidential Services.
By getting a free medical consultation and an ultrasound exam before an abortion, you learn more about the following:
CAN YOU TAKE THE ABORTION PILL?
Before taking the abortion pill you will need to know exactly how far along you are and a few other things as well. We can help learn more about your pregnancy and if the abortion pill is an option for you with our free ultrasound services.
Medical abortion isn’t an option if you:3
- Are too far along in your pregnancy. You shouldn’t attempt a medical abortion if you’ve been pregnant for more than nine weeks (after the start of your last period). Some types of medical abortion aren’t done after seven weeks of pregnancy.
- Have an intrauterine device (IUD) currently in place.
- Have a suspected pregnancy outside of the uterus. This is called ectopic pregnancy.
- Have certain medical conditions. These include bleeding disorders; certain heart or blood vessel diseases; severe liver, kidney or lung disease; or an uncontrolled seizure disorder.
- Take a blood thinner or certain steroid medicines.
- Can’t make follow-up visits to your provider or don’t have access to emergency care.
- Have an allergy to the medicine used.
WHAT ABORTION PROCEDURE IS AVAILABLE TO YOU?
The other common type of abortion is a surgical procedure called a dilation and curettage (D&C). But before you travel out of state for a surgical abortion procedure, find out how far along in pregnancy you are with our free ultrasound services. This information will help you understand the type of abortion procedure(s) available, allowing you to have the information you need to know about risks and considerations BEFORE you travel.
Services We Offer:
- Clinical Pregnancy Testing and Verification
- Limited OB Ultrasound
- Gestational Age Determination
- Complete Pregnancy and Abortion Options Consultation
- Pre- and Post-Abortion Patient Education
Save yourself money and travel time with our free services. All of our services are 100% confidential. Schedule an appointment for a pregnancy test, medical consultation, and an ultrasound exam.
REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
FOR ABORTION INFORMATION OR ULTRASOUND SERIVICES TEXT 334-260-8018 TO REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT.