Abortion Pill Information Alabama
The abortion pill has some risks, and at First Choice in Montgomery, Alabama, we can provide a free medical consultation to help you consider your options. Get information on the abortion pill, the dangers of buying abortion pills online and typical abortion pill costs. We realize this is time sensitive and you probably feel pressure but you are not alone. Find free and confidential support from our team at First Choice. Text 334-260-8018 to request an appointment today.
Medication abortion (also called the abortion pill or RU-486) can be taken up to 70 days (10 weeks pregnant) after the start of your last menstrual period.1
- The “pill” is actually a protocol that involves taking two drugs, mifepristone and misoprostol, which are taken in two separate doses on different days.
- It is not available through a pharmacy, but is only available by an authorized provider.
- The FDA strongly cautions against the use of mifepristone obtained over the Internet.2
- The FDA uses reporting tools to track unlawful mifepristone sales online that bypass important safeguards designed to protect your health.3
- The abortion pill is not the same as the emergency contraception.
- The abortion pill can be reversed if action is taken after the first dose. More information available at abortionpillreversal.com.
- Under current Alabama law, all abortion procedures (medical, surgical, and telehealth) are banned except in cases where the mother’s life or health is seriously endangered by her pregnancy.
Before Taking the Abortion Pill
Prior to taking abortion pills, you will need to know exactly how far along you are and it is vital that you see a medical provider who can prevent or diagnose complications before taking the abortion pill.
Medical abortion isn’t an option if you:4
- Are too far along in your pregnancy. You shouldn’t attempt a medical abortion if you’ve been pregnant for more than nine weeks (after the start of your last period). Some types of medical abortion aren’t done after seven weeks of pregnancy.
- Have an intrauterine device (IUD) currently in place.
- Have a suspected pregnancy outside of the uterus. This is called ectopic pregnancy.
- Have certain medical conditions. These include bleeding disorders; certain heart or blood vessel diseases; severe liver, kidney or lung disease; or an uncontrolled seizure disorder.
- Take a blood thinner or certain steroid medicines.
- Can’t make follow-up visits to your provider or don’t have access to emergency care.
- Have an allergy to the medicine used.
MEDICAL CONSULTATION IN MONTGOMERY ALABAMA BEFORE ABORTION
No Cost. No Insurance. Confidential Services.
We provide free and confidential medical consultations in Montgomery, Alabama. It’s important to confirm your pregnancy before considering taking the abortion pill. A positive pregnancy test (including those taken at home) suggests a high probability that you’re pregnant. You can get a positive pregnancy test result from an ectopic pregnancy, which is a pregnancy that implants outside the uterus.6 Schedule a free and confidential appointment to confirm pregnancy. Call (334) 260-8010 or text 334-260-8018 to request an appointment.
Find out if your pregnancy is viable
About 10 to 20 percent of known pregnancies end in miscarriage but the actual number is likely higher because many miscarriages occur very early in pregnancy.8
Can you take the Abortion Pill?
Before taking the abortion pill, you will need to know exactly how far along you are and a few other things as well.9 We can help learn more about your pregnancy and if the abortion pill is an option for you with our no cost obstetric ultrasound services.
FOR ABORTION INFORMATION OR ULTRASOUND SERIVICES TEXT 334-260-8018 TO REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT.